Vodafone Albania supports volunteering as one of its strategic corporate responsibility pillars towards the environment we operate.
The volunteering program promotes personal involvement of employees in activities organized by the Vodafone Foundation and inclusion in a special supporting scheme that Vodafone provides for any volunteering initiative undertaking by its employees.
Blood donation campaign
Vodafone Albania organizes each year a Blood Donation Campaign which aims to help thalassemic children, in the framework of 8 May - International Day of thalassemia.
Only through the unique humanitarian act of blood donation Vodafone Albania employees have helped the life’s of 500 thalassemic children in Albania. The blood they so much need can not be produced – it can only be donated.
Volunteering in community
Vodafone Albania employees devotes their time, skills and financial support for six dedicated volunteering programs for people in need in Tirana and Durres.
- Assistance and development of IT ideas at Protik Centre (Innovation ICT club Centre)
- Development of IT capacities for the municipality of Kashar and its schools.
- Dedicated program for food, clothing and toys for children abandoned in maternity of Tirana
- Promotion and development of craft works in the women's prison in Tirana, as well as improving conditions within the premises of the prison nursery.
- Promotion of BIO products in the municipality of Kashar
- Food Program for people in need.
- Establishment of the first centre of autism in Durres