Vodafone Albania Foundation awards its next commitment: 31,370,907 ALL for implementation of the social impact projects in support of communities in need
Only three months after being presented in Albania, Vodafone Albania Foundation with the support of its donors Vodafone Albania and Vodafone Group Foundation, confirms a contribution of 31,370,907 ALL for implementation of 7 projects in support of communities in need for the current year and announces the winners of the annual competition” World of difference” - a unique and innovative experience that aim to promote the passion and devotion of individuals in bringing a change in people’s lives.
In the eve of such announcement, the Board Chairman of Vodafone Albania Foundation Board of Trustees, Mr. Thomas Papaspyrou mentioned: “It is of a great pleasure to acknowledge that intensive workload of our Board and our staff counts on the thousands of beneficiaries from these projects. It is particularly overwhelming that this year funding shows an expansion of social investment map in several districts, from the north to the south of the country, including Kukes, Gjirokastra, Tirana, Lezha, as well as other locations”.
Such contribution follows the Disaster Response Fund of 30,000,000 ALL provided by Vodafone Albania Foundation with contribution of Vodafone Albania Sh..A. and Vodafone Group Foundation, in order to support the schools reconstructions and provide the daily basic needs to community affected by the explosion in Gerdec, Vora.
During the press conference, Mr. Haris Broumidis, Vodafone Albania CEO commented:” Vodafone Albania congratulates the progress achieved by Vodafone Albania Foundation that ensures the efficient use of the funds granted for the benefit of the communities in need. In light of the social investment policy in our business, we remain a dedicated donor for supporting such programs and projects that brings positive impacts in people’s life and communities.”
The above mentioned amount is due to Vodafone Group Foundation contribution for the current year and it is dedicated to the first round, only. Vodafone Albania Foundation has recently announced to civil society institutions the second round for applications that will provide opportunities for more social impact projects in Albania for the current year. The second round is open till May 17, 2008.
List of projects financed for 2008-2009
- “Open a Window” – project in support of blind people’s access to education – implemented by National Blind Association (applicable in 5 districts of Albania)
- Organizing the “Kinostudio” (quarter in Tirana) recyclers in Albania Training and establishing capacities for recycling initiatives with involvement of Roma community – implemented by Albanian Social Services Zeitgeist;
- “Albania reads” – promoting reading among Albanian children in remote areas (5 districts) – project formulated by UNICEF and approved by Ministry of Education & Science (MoES) and implemented by Youth Albania Professional Service Foundation.
- Assistance to isolated and rural depressed areas in Kukës through early childhood education and care services – implemented by association “Partneret per femije” (Children’s partners);
- Rural economy and opportunities for young people in remote and poor areas in Albania (applicable in Zadrime, Lezhe) – implemented by Oxfam Albania;
- Safe Pregnancy Program - Preventing abuse and trafficking of abandoned pregnant mothers, and preventing abandonment, abuse and trafficking of children born out of wedlock – implemented by Bethany Social Services in Albania.
- Hosting and facilitation of the victims of human trafficking in the Hosting Center “Life and Hope“ – implemented by Community Center in Gjirokastra.
“World of difference”, annual competition winners
- Enida Shena: Community center for drop-out social service center in the region of Vora/ Gerdec
- Eneid Mato: Organization of residents through community's representatives for environment initiatives in 7 municipal areas of Tirana
- Mirela Sina: Assisting children suffering from autism - with voluntary support of the NPO (Albanian Children Foundation.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +355 4 23 83 268/7
Fax: +355 4 23 83 33